Monday, October 08, 2007

and we want spectacular views if we're to stay for the weekend

I'm about to fall asleep. I'm on the cusp of being fully awake and deeply asleep, intoxicated with exhaustion.

Last week was rough, in every sense of the word. And this weekend wasn't exactly peaceful either. And I guess it's my fault, but I've come to learn you roll with it, look back on your mistakes and hopefully you come out of it a little bit stronger and wiser.

I feel like the entire month of October is conspiring against me. I know it's midterms, but this year seems so much more overwhelming than last year and I'm not even taking that many hours. I've never been a motivated student, and I haven't really decided on whether I want to do graduate school or not. And I feel that if I did really want to go to Berkeley, I would and should be trying harder. There's the potential there to achieve so much more, but I don't really feel the need to give anymore than I am. I'm such a slacker.

I'm having trouble writing my story. If I thought I didn't do it justice with my pictures, surely I should compensate with a strong story.

Washington D.C. in the fall should be pretty. Only a few more weeks.

In concert news, the Arcade Fire show fulfilled every need I had musically. I doubt any concert will be able to live up to their performance. I didn't let anything that went down that night bother me, because I was determined to have a good time. Nothing could ruin it for me, and nothing did. If you would have seen the look on my face that night, you would have been able to tell that there was nothing but pure joy there.

On a high note, I was reminded of what my high school taught me after a visit to my old summer abode:

I am a valuable person. I have dignity and worth. What I do makes a difference.

Thank you, Assumption High School.

1 comment:

Brad said...

glad to be back!